Wednesday, January 6, 2010

How to Make Friends.... or Something Like That

Sorry, the tree post is still coming, but it'll have to wait.  I'm busy, and want to put a positive note out today.

I had one of my best cross-server pugs the other day, and I felt it deserved mention.

We pulled Nexus, and I casually glanced at folk's gear scores before we started.  3 of the 5 were 5k+, and the other two didn't miss it by much.  I figured this would be a clean, easy run.  We feasted and buffed and off we went!

Little did I know how clean and easy.  17 minutes later, a scant 2 minutes after the LFG buff wore off, Keristraza collapsed.

I picked up Split Personality on Grand Magus.  She was down nearly 60% before her first and only split.

For the first time in my WoW experience, I really did chain-pull most of the instance, pulling each group before we were finished with the last.  Nobody really had any issue with it.  My pally healer did almost as much damage as she did heals outside of boss fights.

I was impressed.  It's times like this that I wish Blizzard had implemented an addendum to their cross-server ignore feature, that would give you a preference for people in cross-server groups.  I think that would be fun, and allow more interaction and relationship-building than the current system, perhaps even sister guilds on other servers.

Also, I keep growing gradually closer to my Glory of the Hero proto-drake.  I think I'm going to make a serious push to get it in the next month or so.

Hope folks had a happy holiday season!  Back to the grindstone.

No comments:

Post a Comment